Well, I suppose I better get into the spirit. It is also a handy way of putting on record my goals (notably in writing).
So here it goes:
- Be a more tolerant dad. My daughter has Asperger’s Syndrome and, well, anyone who knows what I and my wife goes through, knows what I mean.
- Be a great dad and husband.
- Lose weight. I have never been heavier, and so my goal for the year is to lose 20kgs. That’s a tough one.
- Read more. As a writer I need to read – one of the cornerstones of being good at the craft (target: 24 books)
- Outline Bitter Creek by December 2011 (or perhaps do much more).
- Revise The Scepter and the Orb by September 2011 (first Evyntyde novel).
- Write 3 additional short stories and finalize/publish my Evyntyde anthology, Tales from the Chronicles of Evyntyde – by June 2011.
- Complete first draft of my second Evyntyde novel, Crystal Peak.
- Write at least 12 short stories in 2011.
- Qualify for membership of the SFWA.
- Addendum – write and complete YA Dystopian novela, The Comfort of Beanbags.
Point 10: Here is my Heat Map of getting into SFWA – the easiest path is to publish 3 short stories in recognized magazines etc. When I get three green slices of the circle, I qualify. Legend: Yellow means I am currently submitted to an SFWA mag, not counting green; red means there is a slot I haven’t submitted to, unless green. Green is a success, as stated.
Point 9: Write 12 short stories: 9 (way ahead of schedule)