Oh dear, the dreaded report card. Let’s see how I went:
- Be a more tolerant dad. My daughter has High Functioning Autism and, well, anyone who knows what I and my wife goes through, knows what I mean. Report: I think I can say I am making headroom here. It’s about education – the more I learn about the condition, and the more I interact with other families who have an ASD child/ren, the more I can adjust my own behaviors. I can say, a big part of this whole process is about the parent’s behavior, not the child’s.
- Be a great dad and husband. I hope this is the case – this is one my wife can only answer 🙂
- Lose weight. I have never been heavier, and so my goal for the year is to lose 20kgs. That’s a tough one. Very tough. No comment, which suggests I am doing badly. I have a big job ahead of me over the next 6 months 😦
- Read more. As a writer I need to read – one of the cornerstones of being good at the craft (target: 24 books) On track 🙂
- Outline Bitter Creek by December 2011 (or perhaps do much more). Not done, but still in schedule.
- Revise The Scepter and the Orb by September 2011 (first Evyntyde novel). Ditto
- Write 3 additional short stories and finalize/publish my Evyntyde anthology, Tales from the Chronicles of Evyntyde – by June 2011. Wrote 1, 2 to go. This tells me I have to pull my finger out.
- Complete first draft of my second Evyntyde novel, Crystal Peak. Not done, but in the schedule.
- Write at least 12 short stories in 2011. Ahead of schedule 🙂
- Qualify for membership of the SFWA. Always going to be difficult. Zero so far. We will see.
- Addendum – write and complete YA Dystopian novela, The Comfort of Beanbags. Stalled. Will have to work hard to get this going.
What can I say? The ones that really really mattered are on track, except weight loss, and I have some ambitious goals that still need hard work. I will report again September 1.